Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Houston trip Dec/Jan 2010 (long overdue!!!)

Yes I've finally got around to finishing the blog for this trip...it has been very busy in our house here since we came back, but I do want to finally put it on paper.
It's been so long now, let's see if I can remember....
Christmas was spent at Grandma Gail and Grandpa Bob's place. Lotsa family, food and kids time for everyone. There were WAY too much pictures that I haven't even had a chance to sort and log so I only picked these two. At one point the kids were doing laps around their kitchen/dining and living room and Julie was able to capture this. They were giggling and having a good ole time!
The other shot shows how naps were taken...here's Daddy w/all of them.
Hudson, Skyler and Tobin



We spent Christmas with my family the next day b/c Marie had to work Christmas day. Sorry there were not much great pictures...basically same thing, food, family and opening presents. Kids really love hanging out w/their cousins.

During our last week in Houston, we managed to do a few things around town, some with kids and some without. We did lunch w/some of my former co-workers from my advertising days, peeps I've kept in touch all these years. The Fletchers, our dear friends came and visited us and brought presents for the kiddos. I had a GNO w/my triplet friends, Marie and Lynne- thank goodness for them, wish I had some of them over here! Dan and I got to shopped by ourselves for stuff we brought back to Saudi...we even had time one day to have lunch at our favorite hole in wall- Lai Lai Dumpling House! We had a triple triplet playdate/lasagne night at Lynne's place w/her and Marie's kiddos. Lunch w/Dan's friend Mike and his wife Janice. Basically we were only able to do things during the day b/c our nights were pretty rough w/the kids not sleeping so well.
One day we visited our old neighbor friends, Billy and Renee. The kids LOVED eating their fresh oranges straight from the tree! They got to play w/the doggies too! Billy took this picture, my favorite! (Skyler, Tobin & Hudson)



Last few night we had dinner at Kim Son w/my family. Gail and Julie were also able to join us.
(Anne, Skyler, and Hudson w/Matthew & my mom)



Gail and Julie w/Hudson



Uncle Matthew w/Skyler and Hudson





We took the boys to get their haircut the day before we left. They did pretty well considering it's their second haircut. We had lotsa family came w/us too.
Hudson



Tobin



Afterwards they all took them to the park so Dan and I could finish packing back at his parents.
Grandparents and Rebecca w/my handsome boys: Tobin & Hudson.



Julie w/the boys: Hudson & Tobin




Matthew & Bob w/Tobin & Hudson


My mom w/Skyler



The boys: Hudson & Tobin- boy do they look alike!




Thank you family for making the trip memorable for the kids. They miss you all and frequently say your names and ask about you.



No comments: