Monday, October 17, 2011

August ---third week in Houston (08.15-08.21)

OMGosh, it has taken me a long time to finish this update. I've tried every week since the last post, but I just couldn't attach any of the pictures...kept coming back to it, rebooting computer, etc., nothing worked. Gave up on it a while since we tackled potty training and had my art show and finally tried a different route. BTW, potty training is going really well, I'm so estatic! Couldn't ask for better kids when it comes down to these transition stages (will blog about it more once I get this repat trip finished). Anyways, finally for this post I could only add two, that's right two pictures at a time. That's how it finally loaded! So here goes, my goal is to catch up on the blogging before we head to Sri Lanka for our Eid holiday vacation. On top of that, I need to make more art (baskets & prints) for a craft show I'm participating in December. Only two weeks left! YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!









Monday- we picked up my mom's visa from ASC in the morning. Then headed to Marie's house after nap for dinner and family time.









Tuesday- Spent time at Bob and Gail's before and after nap time since Dan's Aunt Carol was in town. We also squeezed time in for lunch at Tan Tan, one of my Asian dive...gotta get my VN food in! We also did some birthday preparations during their nap. While Dan drove them around, I ordered their birthday cakes at HEB and Costco. Gotta get their own cakes and a cake for their guests...they are their own little people!









Wednesday- We had a playdate with Lynne's kiddos. I wished I had details, but I can't remember much. I just know we always have a FUN time hanging out with them. Drove them around for naptime and then hung out at Julie's house afterwards.






Thursday- We got to sleep in late. Late for us is anything after 8! :-) So wierd how that changes after having kids. Before kids, sleeping in late was noon! HA! We took the kids to Memorial City Mall so they could ride the carousel, train, and play at the Castle playset. My mom, Matthew, and Julie also came. After naptime, we went to Bob and Gail's and had them babiessat the kiddos with my mom and Matthew so we could buy food for their birthday party. Once again, Costco, our one stop place for everything! Oh how I LOVE that store! Why don't they just have that store here?!?






Friday- Target day! We let them pick out their toothbrush b/c everynight they keep fighting over the same one. Of course I get caught up in buying the dollar stuff and everything else in the store! Even had lunch there and went to Bob and Gail's after naptime. Mike and Charlotte (Dan's relatives) came into town that evening.









Saturday- The kiddos third birthday party!!! We dropped them off at Bob and Gail's place with lots of family help so we could get balloons and last minute stuff for their party. I will do a separate post for their birthday with all the pictures.









Sunday- Pretty much hung out at Dan's parents house all day since Mike and Charlotte were heading back to Dallas. After we put the kids down for bed, Julie babies sat for us and we got to watch a flick "Rise of the Apes". Nice movie night out!








Pictures of the week:





Hanging out at Marie's house: Tobin





Skyler, yup that's me online shopping back there! :-)




Hudson






Andrew and Matthew





Anne






Marie and Anne








Ba Ngoai watching her grandkids play.















Hudson and Matthew. Thanks Marie, Anne and Andrew for all the legos toys, the kids play with them EVERYDAY since we've come back.





Snack time






goofing around time










Anne w/Tobin, Skyler and Hudson






Playdate at Lynne's







Family time at Gail and Bob's:



Boys playing with Aunt Carol's dog leash (Hudson, Tobin)







Aunt Carol, Skyler and Hudson petting Bixby. Amazing how the kids remember her dog and Julie's cats






Daddy w/Skyler and Tobin





Aunt Carol "walking" Hudson







Kids LOVE her Ipad





Hudson's the one on the couch.







Memorial City Mall: my mom and Skyler












Hudson





Only caught a glimpse of Julie, a kid is somewhere near her.




Checking out the window display



At Grandma Gail's house: Tobin, Skyler, Julie, Hudson, Charlotte, and Gail



Skyler petting Dusty. When we first came there she didn't like him, until he grew on her.



How we roll! No more triplet stroller.



Tobin in the train



Grandma Gail and Skyler



Uncle Matthew and Skyler


Hudson and Julie




Group picture of Dan's family with his relatives, Uncle Mike, Aunt Charlotte, and Aunt Carol in town. Julie's holding Tobin, Skyler on Matt's shoulders, and Daddy with Hudson.


Opening Julie's present on Sunday, after their party. Tobin.



Skyler



Charlotte and Mike with the kiddos



Hudson



Sorry Dan, but this needs to be in the memory book. Every morning while in Houston, Skyler INSISTED on helping Daddy get ready, whether it's brushing his teeth, getting his deodorant, socks, or whatever he needs.




Looks like I have the Mall day pictures mixed up with some of the family pictures, oh well! At least, this post is FINITO!


No comments: