Wednesday, January 21, 2009

1st time eating rice cereal---a year ago today

I finally got over my fear of feeding them food, or rice cereal at least. I knew they've been ready for some time now, but I just couldn't bring myself to do until now. I was afraid how long it would take since I'm by myself during the day, the messiness, etc, and it's a step towards them getting bigger and I didn't want them to grow up so fast! Selfish me, I want them to stay small as long as possible, but it's time for the next step. Besides I'm too tired to tackle a new thing, but I guess that's how my life will be.
We tried this yesterday at the 1pm feeding. Skyler was the one who took the most, then Tobin, then Hudson. Look at Tobin with his missing sock.

This is Tobin at dinner time yesterday. He really enjoyed it, he got it all over his hands, legs and face. We actually have to wipe them clean now before bed.


Hudson during the day, he's not sure what this food stuff is.

Skyler at lunch. She was digging it at first and then got tired of waiting, so she cried for her bottle.

A year ago today, we were anticipating what news our doctor would give us when I went in the next morning. All day I was hoping that it would be BFP (infertility lingo for Big Fat Positive). We went to the Foo Fighters concert that evening and I didn't even drink. We just enjoyed the concert knowing it will be a loooong time before we hear live music again, and yes that's so true! The live music we hear now adays are their babbling and laughter they do! :-)



No comments: