In an effort to getting them sleep through the night, we've had to modify their schedule for several reasons: the evening walk was too close to bedtime, we or I moved their schedule up an hour and added back the bottle feeding at 4 (it used to be 5). We are also trying CIO (crying it out) at nap times, and hopefully they will sleep better at night. We are also having bottle before solids and we're limiting the bottle time to 1 hour for everyone. This week has been an exhausting week for me, with all the crying, but I know it'll be best for everyone.
Their schedule is:
8-9= bottles
9-9:30=breakfast
9:30-10:30= play (activity centers, reading, and tummy time/crawling)
10:30-12= nap
12-1= bottles
1-1:30=lunch
1:30-2:30= play (baby einstein dvds and tummy time/crawling)
2:30-4= nap
4-5= bottles
5-6= evening walk or play time if it's too cold/raining
6:30=dinner
7= bottles
8:30= bedtime (yea!!!!)
This schedule is very tight, I used to be flexible about the time, but as you can see there's no room for anything else. If I wake up late then everything gets pushed back, as if I can even wake up late, these babies are always hungry in the morning! I'm still pumping, my next goal is to make it to their 9 months in May. So far they have tried green beans, bananas, carrots, pears, and now squash. I'm gonna attempt to make some baby finger food and work on getting them to drink from a cup. Wish me luck!
One evening Skyler stopped eating when she saw Dudley, so I had to put her down so she could pet him. I think they're best buds now. BTW, she's officially sleeping through the night (STTN). We have not given her a bottle for atleast a week now. Way to go Skyler!!!
Hudson in the jumperoo and Tobin in the activity center. Susana let us borrow the jumperoo; her kid Adrian outgrew it. They both love it so much!
I caught Tobin and Hudson sucking their toes. These pics are my best attempt to capture them. Tobin in the first pic, Hudson in the second.
We've been practicing crawling and Skyler and Hudson looks like they're racing in this one. At one point, Skyler was pulling Hudson to keep him back.
In the morning play time, Susana has been rotating the kids between the different toys. Everyone gets to sit in the chair and she reads them a story. Here's Tobin, he was the first one to pull on the chain on the lamp. She reads them stories with action words/rhymes to them and I read them the naptime stories before we put them down. I pump when she's reading those stories.
Skyler really enjoy reading time; she's really into looking at the pictures.
Here's Hudson. We tied a blanket around them to keep them upright on the chair. They all look at your face when you're reading especially your lips.
Dan built this feeding table for them. He bought the computer desk on Craigslist and I bought the chairs. He put it together on Friday when he was off. We don't have to use the bumbo seats anymore; besides the kids kept twisting and turning in them. They like this setup a lot better. We just haven't figure out where to put it in the house yet. I'll try to get some pics with the kids in them next time. Yep, our house has definitely gone to the kids! And guess what, I never thought I would be one of those moms that sings kiddies songs, but I am---that's OK, they love me for it!
1 comment:
Anna and Dan your kidos are beautiful. Thank you for sharing your stories and events online. That is a nice table Dan built.
Post a Comment