Tuesday, February 10, 2009

morning time---more feeding---finally Dudley

I've been so busy with getting our paperwork together for tax season that I haven't posted in a while. Kids are all doing great! Skyler's been grabbing toys when she's on her tummy and kicking her feet/pushing her legs. I think she'll be the first to crawl. Boys are atleast staying longer on their tummy and not losing interest much. They all can hold onto their toys and actually shake it or put it in their mouths. They are now aware of each other, especially if you're holding one and the other one is in his/her crib and sees you. They kinda give you the look as to "why him and not me"? Dan and I try to not be spotted in the morning until we're ready for them. :-)
Since Susana started, I've been able to enjoy my kids A LOT more, I actaually have time to read stories to them (more than one books), lay down and enjoy Mr. Sunshine with them, and just snuggle and really take it all in. Before her, my days were just crazy, I was rushing from one feeding to the next hoping to catch a meal when I can and pump. I'm really glad I found her and she's working out. She's so patient with them even when they don't want to eat. I don't know if all moms, especially HOM moms, have feeding issues, but my kiddos eat really slow even now and it's all about the positioning of the bottles with them. It changes daily!
I've been able to go out for lunch with Jill, one of my girlfriends to celebrate her birthday. We went to Benjy's last Friday since it was Dan's off Friday and he did the afternoon feeding with Susana. He told me I made an excellent choice in hiring her!
I've also changed their schedule, just when I was liking the 4 hour schedule. The 5 pm feeding before was somewhat slow and they all didn't ever really finish their bottles. We would rush through that so we could sqeeze our walk in before the 8pm feeding. With Susana's help, I've been able to get them to eat three times during the day. They're schedule now is:
8/8:30 am= eat and play
11:30- 1:30/2= nap
1:30/2= eat and play
4/4:30= nap
6= family walk (weather permitting, otherwise we just pray they continue their nap or atleast don't cry) :-)
7/7:30= dinner and baths
9/9:30= bedtime
*** they still wake up between 4-5 am for a bottle feeding. Can't wait til that's gone.
They've tried rice cereal, oatmeal cereal and now we're doing rice/apple cereal. Rice/banana cereal is next! I will introduce veggies and fruit soon. So far everyone seems to like all the cereals.
Here's some pics within the month.

Mommy with Hudson and Skyler. Did I tell you how much I love them?

This is what we've been doing in the morning to get an extra hour or so of sleep in. We've been bringing whoever wakes up before 8am into our bed. I know it's a bad habit, but oh well, these are our only kids! Besides something about sleeping with a baby or babies, it's the best sleep ever! Here's Skyler, Hudson and Tobin (no I didn't plan for their clothes to match our bedding)


Hudson and Tobin with Daddy and Molly (atleast part of her paw).



Dan and his kiddos with Molly and Redford.


Daddy with his kiddos again.


Skyler met Dudley. Dudley finally taken an interest in the kids...I think the cereal is what lured him in! He's been sleeping in the kids play area too since it's dog free.


Susana feeding Hudson on her second week.



Julie came by last Saturday to help Dan feed them at 2. I went to BRU, Target and Marshalls to stock up on babies stuff: diapers, clothes, etc. The shopping trip wore me out- I was more tired from that than feeding my kids!
Skyler, Tobin, and Hudson. Tobin was in a milk coma as Dan likes to put it.


Closeup of Tobin's milkatose.



Tobin out of his milkatose :-) (look at his shirt)


Skyler smiling!


Hudson smiling!


Skyler, Hudson, and Tobin in their cute outfits that one of Dan's former co-worker gave him. They're ready for their walk. They're looking at my mom in this pic. BTW, my mom's been coming every Mon, Wed, and Fri at 4 to help out. She brings us food and helps with the last feeding. I think they like her speaking Vietnamese to them.
Hudson smiling this morning!


Tobin holding his bottle.


Skyler shaking her maraca and keys.

There that's it for now....gotta feed those hungry babes!








2 comments:

Astrid said...

I love that milkatose picture! We call it "milk drunk". Ian gets that way when he breastfeeds. It is the cutest thing ever. Gabi use to get that way too. Man, I miss BFing all 3! Enjoy this stage. It passes quickly!

Patti's lists said...

Love the "milkatose" one. I was LMAO with everyone minus you and Dudley in the bed. It looked crowded in there.