Tuesday, April 14, 2009

making baby food---Skyler cutting two tooth!!!---new nanny

After going to Walmart on Sunday and looking at how much those jarred baby food cost, I thought I'd give making my own baby food a try. I bought chicken, beef and a bunch of frozen veggies. I got the ones w/o salt in them. Yesterday, I baked the chicken and beef and cut them up in small pieces. Today I pureed both of them. The chicken was easier than beef, it didn't take long to puree at all. I added a little water and organic chicken broth to it. The beef took forever to puree, about 30 minutes!!! Tonight I mixed in some green beans to the beef and everyone loved it! Hudson even opened up for it. Ever since his fever last week, he's been quite particular about the solids he eats. We'll try chicken tomorrow night. And I'll attempt to puree the veggies tomorrow...only problem now is finding space in the freezer.

Skyler is cutting two tooth. She's been a pain during feedings, but it's all part of it. Who can blame her? Atleast she sleeps through the night. I'm glad for that!

We've had to let Susana go last week, it wasn't working out for us. Luckily our old night nanny, Alejandra, was available. This week she works Tuesday-Friday and next week it's only Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. So I was alone with the kids yesterday...it wasn't too bad, our schedule just gets a little off about 15-30 minutes. Next week I'll be by myself for two days. It's actually kinda nice spending the time with them, even though I'm in pain every night...physical pain!

No comments: