Friday, June 19, 2009

boys are sleeping through the night WHOO HOO!!! YIPPEE!!

I can't believe this, the boys are actually sleeping through the night. It's really been our fault that they haven't. The pedi gave us the OK at their 6 months checkup to let them CIO (cry it out) and not feed them a bottle at night, but we just didn't listen! As a mom of multiples, once you have a system down it's hard to change it and that's what happened to us. We were comfortable with waking up at night and feeding them even though we were exhausted during the day...doesn't make much sense I know! But the fear of the unknown and the thought of hearing our kids cry for so long made both of us uneasy...that's why it's taken this long to try CIO at night. If you remember I did CIO for their naps back in January/February and that's still going well...of course there are days when I do still have to rock them a little, mostly the boys. Skyler is just happy with her paci and elephant lovey.
Well, we finally try CIO at night, started Monday and they've been sleeping through the night since Wednesday night. On Monday it was rough to hear them cry, the boys each on and off cry/stayed awake for 1- 1/2 hour. On Tuesday night, they woke up about 4:30/5 and we settled them down, but they ended up crying for about an hour on and off and then slept til 7:40! I couldn't believe I got to sleep til then. On Wedneday, Tobin slept til 5:30 and Hudson til 6. I rocked both of them in my arms back to sleep til almost 8. This morning Tobin was up at 6 and of course Hudson right after at 6:15. They are really in tune with one another especially during sleep. I was rocking Tobin and I should have put him down, but I enjoyed it so much that I ended up having to rock both boys in my arm again. But that's OK since Dan and I got to sleep for that long. When we first heard Tobin make some grunting noises at 5:30, he asked if I woke up to settle anyone and I said "no". He said the same. It was some AWESOME sleep we got last night. If Dan goes out of town for a bizness, we won't have to hire Alejandra anymore. Yea- we're saving some money!!!
I have not fallen asleep during the day this whole week. Before I would get so tired that I would set the alarm on my cell phone for 10 minutes and snoozed while the kids are playing in the play area. Of course I put the boppy pillows and other pillows we have around danger spots that someone could fall and hurt themselves. I don't know why we waited so long to do this, but I'm glad we did! Feels great to sleep!!! :-)

2 comments:

Julie C. said...

Hurray!!!!

Anonymous said...

ha ha. Law of attraction or something? could be. Nice post by the way, just stumbled upon your blog.