What better way to help them ease into daylight saving time then to give them a day full of activities to wear them out and make sleeping better. This was a fun filled weekend for them. Saturday being Halloween and then we went to Dewberry Farm yesterday. Most mommies I know have been raving about how great this place is so we had to check it out for ourselves.
Based on their website, we thought it would take atleast an hour or more to get there so we put them in the car for the AM nap and drove there. Well, it only took us about 40 minutes to get there so we ended up driving around for about another 45 minutes. Then Tobin woke up...then Hudson, that's when it's time to go to the Farm.
There were a lot of activities and things to do. Problem was a lot of the stuff required someone to hold a kid if they were too small. Well our reinforcements hadn't arrived yet (my mom & Matthew were to join us an hour later). It was my fault that they came later b/c I thought the trip would take us longer to get there and I really thought they would nap longer. So we headed to the safest place for them to play, what they call Little Farmersville. It's a somewhat enclosed play area w/swings, slides, sandbox, and a tunnel/climbing thing.
Daddy w/Skyler.
More w/Tobin.
My mom and Matthew came so we were able to take the hayride to the pumpkin patch.
Skyler and her pumpkin.
Skyler: "no mine is the best one".
Hey my shirt matches this big ball thing.
This was really funny, Tobin was actually trying to pick this pumpkin up. He was able to lift it for a teeny bit.
Hudson & his pumpkin.
My mom & Hudson.
After the pumpkin patch, we feed them lunch, but they weren't having much of an appetite. I think they were to stimulated and excited by everything around them. So we checked out the animals.
My mom and Skyler petting a donkey.
Matthew & Hudson.
My mom & Skyler.

Everyone in the barn.
Matthew & Hudson w/the goat (I think)???

After the animals they were getting really cranky so I thought maybe they're tired so we tried to head out. Dan and I went to buy some food to take w/us on the car ride home, but when the boys saw me eat my roasted chicken legs they wanted some. Then they wanted Dan's corndogs. They couldn't get enough of the food! Looks like they caught a second wind b/c they were happy babies again. So happy that this last part has got to be the most funniest. As we were leaving, I went to buy us some homemade fudge (they are delish!!!) and Dan took them to the entrance area. They let them out of the stroller to play and they were everywhere! So we put them in the part where you buy tickets b/c it's somewhat enclosed. They were having a ball walking up and down the aisle. Skyler and Tobin even played "peek a boo" w/the ticket lady! It was really hilarious watching them.
Everyone in the barn.
After the animals they were getting really cranky so I thought maybe they're tired so we tried to head out. Dan and I went to buy some food to take w/us on the car ride home, but when the boys saw me eat my roasted chicken legs they wanted some. Then they wanted Dan's corndogs. They couldn't get enough of the food! Looks like they caught a second wind b/c they were happy babies again. So happy that this last part has got to be the most funniest. As we were leaving, I went to buy us some homemade fudge (they are delish!!!) and Dan took them to the entrance area. They let them out of the stroller to play and they were everywhere! So we put them in the part where you buy tickets b/c it's somewhat enclosed. They were having a ball walking up and down the aisle. Skyler and Tobin even played "peek a boo" w/the ticket lady! It was really hilarious watching them.
1 comment:
Awesome pics, Anna! You getting really good with the camera.
Post a Comment