Saturday, November 14, 2009

one week down, one more to go...

Kids from my SF class, they were wiped out too! They had a nutrionist talked after the class.
Skyler, Hudson, and Tobin




Wheee! I've made it one week so far, Dan's been out of town since last Saturday or actually early Sunday morning. He's in Argentina for another recruiting event. Last Saturday he left for the airport about dinner time and I did the feeding alone. My brother was on his way to help me, but he got called into work. So that was my first attempt to do a dinner feeding and put the kids down by myself. It really was not that bad except towards the end, right before bed, when everyone wants you! They all started crying when I brought them to the room, but within 10 minutes everyone was asleep, just a long $ss ten minutes! Then I got a call that his plane had issues and their flight was being delayed til early Sunday morning. He was on his way home. Well atleast I know I can put them down by myself....I guess when it comes to it, mommy power kicks into gear when it's called for!

Sunday, Matthew came and helped. We're continuing the routine so that we get to do our family walk with the kids and the doggies after their second nap. Monday-Wednesday, we hired Callie, the neighbor kid since Matthew works those evenings. Matthew was back on starting Thursday and actually he will continue til next Saturday, 11/21.

It really has not been that bad holding down the fort w/3 kids, 2 dogs, a cat and taking care of our RE too. Two weeks before he left, I was cooking nonstop for the kids so I have bunches of food in the freezer. The only thing I have to cook if I run out is breakfast stuff which is not too bad. I have to plan which days I'm doing what and taking care of what business during their naps and when Alejandra's here. I am also doing their baths on Tues & Fri during the day so Alejandra can help.

For about a couple of months now, I've been jogging on Tues and Thurs w/the doggies in the morning. Last week, I joined StrollerFit, an exercise program where you get to bring your kids with you and exercise while they're in the stroller. Their schedule works perfectly with our schedule. The class is 9:30-10:30 at Bendwood Park (near Town & Country) or Hershey Park. I tried it out last Wed and Fri and the kids did amazingly well in the stroller the whole time. It's an hour long and we sing nursery rhymes, alphabets, numbers, Spanish, Continents, while we're exercising. April, the instructor is really good, she knows when she needs to move us so the kids are moving too. I will continue to do this and will add Monday to it, that will keep me active for 5 days! Another great thing is I've met so many moms through this already that are really genuinely nice. They also do playgroups and outings together. I really have to thank another triplet mom, Marie for introducing me to this.
Basically that's how I've been surviving while Dan's out of town. Oh and I get to order out and eat whatever food I want, no cooking for me! YEA!!!

No comments: