Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving

We hosted Thanksgiving this year, thought it would be easier since they're all mobile. Food was done potluck style: Gail brought the turkey, dressing and a few other dishes, Julie made home-made mashed potatos (10 lbs of it to be exact) and brought a ham, I made a salad, bacon wrapped asparagus, and a pumpkin cream cheese dip. Other family brought dessert, but I can't remember who brought what. We had enough food to feed tons of people! Or bunch of leftovers! :0)
My mom and rest of Dan's family ate first while Dan, me and Matt watched the kids. We ate once the kids went down for their second nap (4ish). Lance, one of Julie's friends also came to dinner.
I finally got to use my china, only get to do this once a year so might as well. My salad & asparagus dish.
Table w/Bob and Gabby (Matt's girlfriend) starting first at the end.
Boys in the box! (Tobin & Hudson)

We feed the kids their first Thanksgiving meal. They loved the turkey and ham and didn't care for the mashed potatos, it'll take some time. Dan pulled his mask down for the pic. We both have been sick since he came back last Saturday. We've been wearing our mask (Pedi recommended) around the kids. It sux b/c you can hardly breathe in it and it gets really hot. Tobin, Hudson, Skyler

Matt w/Skyler

Julie w/Hudson

Daddy w/Tobin, giving him a swig of no, not wine, just apple cider.

I have LOTS to be thankful for, my wonderful children, family, and friends. And our health and we live in a country w/all these freedom! And I especially am thankful for my wonderful husband!

No comments: