Since they left the NICU, babies are on a 3 hour feed schedule as set by the NICU nurses. They feed at: 9 am
12 pm
3 pm
6 pm
9 pm
12 am
3 am
6 am
I do the first 3 by myself. It takes me about 1- 1 1/2 hour to feed, diaper, and play with all three. They love the bouncy chair and the Einstein play mat. Sometimes I feed each one by themselves, sometimes 2 or 3 at the same time. The bobby pillow is a life saver! You ask who do I fed first...that's easy....whoever is awake and cries when feeding time begins, that's who and how the feeding gets done. Then I pump afterwards for the next feeding. I found out that I need to pump immediately after they've started napping if I want to get about 20 minutes of uninterrupted time. I also BF during the day if someone wakes up early or usually on the weekend when Dan's here. I usually eat, check emails, pay bills (computer stuff) while I pump. If I'm lucky and everyone sleeps I actually have 45 minutes before I do this all again. I'll also do some light housework, laundry, dishes, and cook IF I have the time. Yea, the cooking part, we actually are cooking now...it's nothing fancy just whatever is easy and doesn't have lots of ingredients. Dan helps out with the 6 and 9 pm when he gets home. He gets home about 5 and walks the dogs first, it's the rountine they've been so used to and we don't want to neglect them furries. Unless he comes home to screaming kids, he'll help me calm them down and start feeding early and luckily that has not happened that often. Our night nanny, Alejandra, comes between 10-11pm and handles the last three shifts. Saturday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings she leaves at 7:30 for another job and the rest of the time she leaves at 8:30. Without her, we would not be able to sleep and I couldn't function during the day. So if you call during the feeding times, I don't usually pick up the phone.
No comments:
Post a Comment