Friday, January 30, 2009

my day time nanny started this week

After several weeks of interviewing for a day time nanny, I finally found one that I'm happy with and she started this week. Susana was wonderful this week. The kids warmed up to her immediately and was not crying since she was a "stranger" in the house. She's really good with them, very patient and gentle. On her first day, I had her feed each kid to see how she did and with my comments on how each kid likes to eat, she was able to feed them with no problems! She's also good at putting them down for naps. The first few days were rough during nap times since they all didn't want to nap. We think they were so used to me and with Susana in the house, there was a new face to look at and be curious. By Thursday, they got used to her and napped their usual time (thank goodness)!!! With her in the daytime this week, I've been able to pump without any interruptions and EAT. I also actually have more time to play and interact with my kids than before. By 5pm rolls around when Dan comes home, I'm not that much exhausted and feel really good.

She is a 25 year old mother with two small children of her own, Adrian, her 8 month old and Damian, her 3 years old. Her mother takes care of her kids while she goes to work for me. Her hubby works for a records management company kinda like Iron Mountain. She has an 11 year old Pommerian. Don't worry, I already explain to her that if her kids get her sick to not come to work.

The downside to having Susana is we've had to let Alejandra go, our night nanny. The kids are not completely sleeping through the night. They still wake up between 4-5 in the morning. Atleast they don't wake up at 1-2 anymore. So I'll be doing the 4-5 shift during the week and Dan will help on the weekends.

Today the cutest thing happen while Susana was here. I was holding Hudson and she was holding Tobin and we had them face each other. They both reached out to hug one another for a long time. It was sooo cute, I wished we had a third person to take a pic of it. Skyler was sitting on her pillow just watching them. She was of course cute too!

2 comments:

Astrid said...

Yay! I'm so glad you are able to have help during the day. I can't wait to stop pumping so that I will have more time to play w/ the kids. Keep it up!

The Brown Bunch said...

That is AWESOME!!! I know that you are welcoming the help and taking a breath although not a big one. Keep up the great work!!

Love ya
Jaime Brown
GGG-2 years old