Sat, 8/14- our minivan is here!!! It was in the port since last Wed and after (2) full days of Dan and his assistant going to the port and various places, we finally got it!!! There's no procedures for anything here so that's why things take soooo long, we didn't want to prolong getting this van out b/c of Ramadan and offices closing at 1 pm. Besides things closing early, the ones who are working are fasting and let's just say, they may not be the most pleasant. Would you be if you were hungry? Now the fun begins for getting inspection, registration, insurance and a housing sticker for the van! :-) As I'm blogging this 3 wks later, it took us that long to get everything, but the housing sticker, hope to get that week! Until then, we can't take this van out of camp...well we can, just have a hard time getting back on camp. Oh, the van was also missing our DVD player, heavy duty car mats for the back and a hubcab. Hhmmm, not sure where it was "lost", I'd say maybe someone at the port got some new parts for their van, but who knows?!?
Sun, 8/15- I had a doctor appt. to check on my blood sugar and some pains I've been feeling. Went to the doc, who I didn't get to met b/c she was out sick, got another doc who seemed to disregard all my symptoms, but that's another story. Met Dan at his work afterwards and got to see his workplace. He was the only one there since it's Ramadan and all Saudis leave at 1pm. Any expats who work there are out for their re-pat trip. He's left to hold the fort this whole time! We left to do our Panda shopping.
Mon, 8/16- Tina and Ismael's playdate w/Leanne and Isak. I'm also getting ready for kids 2nd bday bash! Started w/the decorations and party gift bags during the kids nap. Marty, one of Dan's colleage took me shopping at Lulu's. Luckily we made it out of there before their early closing. Stores during Ramadan close about 1 hour before the people break their fast b/c it gives people time to drive home. It's the worst time to be on the road, it's where most accidents happen b/c you have all these "starving"/ irritated people on the road all all once!
Tues, 8/17- Returned Aboud's car, the lexus. Dan shopped at Panda at night (for kids party) b/c I didn't get everything I needed for the kids party w/Marty. I was speed shopping to make it out the store before closing and had a few things left.
Wed, 8/18- Dharhan Women's Group (DWG) playgroup, met Leanne, Julie's, Travis's wife, and 3 other moms there. Returned Luke's Nissan Pathfinder and got to borrow Brian's Dodge Charger again. Dan's working on getting minivan registered, plates, insurance, housing sticker...process takes a long time so Brian let us borrow his car so we're able to leave camp otherwise we would be limited to grocery shopping inside camp and it can be pricey! Why pay for things 3 x the cost when you don't have too! Especially w/triplets! I also started making my springrolls for the kids party. Semira made beef and cheese sambosas, these fried appetizers type of food that Muslims eat when they break their fast, which the kids have been sampling since Ramadan started. They've also tasted dates, they all like the really sweet ones and Skyler likes the fresh ones from the tree too, the boys not so much.
Thurs, 8/19- I continued w/all the food preparations for their party and worked up until 10 pm that night. Kids actually hung out w/Daddy for most part of the day. When they went to bed, Dan decorated the house and moved some furniture around. I can't believe that I didn't stress out about this party...preparing a party for them this year was A LOT easier than last year. This year they were able to play and occupy themselves for the most part and they can feed themselves. Last year, we were still on bottles and minimal eating. What a HUGE difference a year makes! Thanks to Tina for letting us borrow their party decorations. Saudi Arabia does not have much party supply stores, I think they have (1) and I didn't bother going to it b/c I heard it's ridiculously overpriced.
Normally I would blog til Friday, but I'm doing a special one for that, for the kids party. Stay tuned!
Hanging out pictures. I tell ya, all of the pictures are usually inside b/c it's still too HOT to take them outside!!! Hurry up October!!!
Hudson and I

Hudson showing Daddy what he knows in the book.

their favorite game is "cooking". We did get them a kitchen and cooking stuff for their bday presents. Also got some tools stuff too (to make Dan happy). Skyler, Tobin, and Hudson.

Skyler and Hudson w/Mommy

Tobin "cooking". I did try to trim the boys hair and I kinda butchered his. Sorry Tobin!

Maybe he got a crank call?

Boys and their trucks!

Skyler joined her bros.

Tobin
2 comments:
Love the pics! And your chandelier. Did Tine have her baby? Tell Samira we say hello.
Ditto - great pics of all of you :)
Post a Comment