Wednesday, September 8, 2010

fruits---new car---Dr. Tobin & Hudson---Hobby Farm(08.28-09.03)

Mon, 8/30- I hosted a playdate at the house w/Leanne and Julie. Tina delivered her baby girl, Elena that morning. Very beautiful little baby! Oh I vaguely remember the babies daze! Julie stayed til about 11:30ish, she had to get home to make lunch for her boy, James. He started school last week and all the kids come home for lunch here. Husbands can come home for lunch too...Dan just doesn't b/c the kids would prolly cry when he leaves so we've never done that. He will on occassion bring me lunch home and just leave it at the door for me to pickup.




We also bought a car for Dan, a '09 black Chevy Blazer. Dan bought it from the relatives of one of his colleage. It's in great condition and hardly has any mileage on it. And it will prolly stay that way since driving on camp doesn't put much wear and tear on a car. BTW, I went to get gas for the van, it's $27 SR/$7.21 to fill the WHOLE tank and I'm on wk 3 with it and have about 1/4 tank left! And it's full service so I've don't have to do anything but pay the guy! I like that!!!


Wed, 9/1- DWG's playdate, saw Carissa and (2) other new moms, one from Ukraine and other from India.

Fri, 9/3- Breakfast at Hobby Farm. We actually feed the kids breakfast at home first and then took them there so we could have breakfast. Of course, they saw our food so we ended up getting them breakfast too and they ate again! Afterwards, we came home and opened a few more of their bday presents. We've been doing little bit here and there so they always have "new" toys. I'm hoping this will keep them less stir crazy from being inside atleast til our shipment gets here and the weather is nice. Marty and his wife, Anne stopped by to give the kids their bday gifts: (3) set of really beautiful wooden blocks in English, Arabic, and Chinese. Very cool!!! We also had our family walk before dinner, which we haven't done in a long time. The weather was actually bearable.

Pictures for the week:

Hudson, what can I say about this picture?



Hudson and Tobin. Semira was helping them build the blocks and they climbed in it.



Playing w/their new kitchen, one of their bday gifts. It's sad that it's such a piece of (crap), the toys over here. Everything we've bought them or they've gotten for their bday have broke in some way. Either it's poorly constructed or NONE can withstand our (2) yr old triplets! Or they end up being Molly's chew toys!


Skyler, Tobin and Hudson



Skyler and Tobin


Skyler giving her waffle a ride?


what a silly girl! Daddy knows how to tickle her funny bones!






kids and I hanging out watching Jim Jam. It's cute that Hudson waves "bye-bye" when a show is over.


for some reason when it's fruit time, they like to bring their little chairs into the dining room and have fruits from it instead of sitting on the regular chairs. that night they finished all the mangoes, it was 2 big sized ones. they LOVE fruits, since being here they're introduced to dates, apricots, mangoes from Egypt & India, plums, pears from different countries, and so many more! Blueberries, strawberries & blackberries are harder to find and spoil really fast when I do find them at the stores so it's a treat when they have it and they GOBBLE every pieces up!




Hudson caught me taking the picture while Tobin and Skyler are munching along.



Semira w/Tobin & Hudson

Hobby Farm breakfast day: since we normally don't venture out Friday b/c everything has pretty much been closed in the morning (Ramadan), I just dressed the kids in lounging clothes, ie: girls sleep clothes (that's what was given to us for free) before we left. But Dan and I were hungry and didn't feel like making breakfast that morning so we just took the kids out that way. Of course, Skyler wants nothing to do w/"girls" stuff so she INSISTED she wear Hudson's shorts and Hudson ended up wearing her shorts. Then it came to cap time and she once again INSISTED her cap be turned backward. When I say INSISTED, I do mean that, she will have a tantrum until she gets her way! Notice her brother's shoes on her. She does not want to wear anything that has pink, purple or anything girlie on it...it's very hard to get her to wear anything girlie! This was such a funny morning...I asked them to line up so I could take a picture...here you go.


We opened their doctor kit (one of their bday gifts) and Dr. Tobin was paged.



Now here comes Dr. Hudson




2 comments:

Julie C. said...

OMG - the "tom boy" Skyler photo is classic!!!

Jill said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that picture with tomboy Skyler!! She is so pretty though, I think no matter how hard she tries, she's never gonna look like one of the guys! She is too cute! (Hudson and Tobin are too ;0)!