Friday, October 16, 2009

I survived...while Dan was in Calgary

Yup, I survived! Or should I say we all survived!!! Dan took off for Calgary on Mon 10/12 and didn't return til Thurs 10/15. He came back last evening in time to help me with putting the kiddos down. Luckily the kids were all feeling better from their colds when he left and I finally started feeling better on Wednesday. We hired Callie, a 15 yr old neighborhood babysitter to help me in the evenings. She has twins 10 yr old brother and sister, Caulden and Kenna.
We actually had her come on Sunday before he left so she could see our routine. It didn't really matter b/c the kids DID NOT want her feeding them, diapering them, rocking them, brushing their teeth or even putting their sleep sacks on. They were OK w/her before we bring them into their room for bedtime. She was really good playing w/them and they did let her give them milk when they were thirsty for it. She helped me w/the cleanup and just keeping the peace among them.
There were lots of crying right before bedtime, but it's gonna be like that when one of us is not there. They totally missed their Daddy!!! I had to rock all 3 kids at the same time, it's so funny, the only time I did that was when they were tiny weeny and first came home from the NICU. I usually only rock two, so poor Hudson and Tobin, they were all squeeshed w/Skyler on top of them! It was really funny, I was hot and sweaty every night, just getting them ready for bed! After I rocked them for about 10 minutes, Callie comes in and takes Skyler into her crib (crying), then Tobin (crying) and I finally put Hudson down. We'd leave and they would cry about a minute and go straight to bed! That was awesome! Next month will be tough when he's gone for two weeks! We'll see!
Here's some pix of the first time using my new camera. Hudson's in the front and Tobin walking.

Daddy w/Tobin.
All three wanting the camera: Tobin, Skyler and Hudson.


Skyler


Hudson hugging Daddy's leg and Tobin up front. They all get bitten by mosquitos A LOT, the red mark under Tobin's eye is one.


1 comment:

GrandmaG said...

Yup. A better camera helps.