Let's see where to begin...there's lots to update, I've been slacking off, spending too much time on FB (Ok I admit it Dan!).
Carseats---kids have outgrown their infant seats, prolly not in weight but size wise. We've ordered their new ones and it should be the only one to use until they don't need them anymore. We ordered the Sunshine Kids Radian XT SL in nitro (red) for Skyler and Eclipse (gray) for the boys; my two favorite colors besides turquoise. We got these b/c they can fit all three on one row and it folds up for easy travel (someday). I can't wait til they get here. We'll donate our infant seat w/the triple decker stroller to a fellow new triplet mommy who's due any day now.
Food- I've stopped making "baby" food for them and have been making "adult" food. I would just cut them up into small pieces. They have enjoyed lasagna, breaded cheesy chicken, turkey meatloaf, and now chicken pasta w/spinach & tomatoes. They love their fruits; I wasn't sure if they would like pineapples but they do. They also love blueberries, peaches, and finally avocados. I had tried avocados twice when they were younger but they were just not into it. They do not like papaya, I think it's the smell. We've even doust it w/lemon juice like one of Dan's co-worker suggested but still no luck! The good thing about all this cooking is Dan and I get atleast 2 homecooked meals a week. I guess I don't cook for my hubby, but will do for my kids. Sorry Dan!
Milk- They drink atleast a gallon of whole milk in a week. They are only taking a night bottle of formula and we've stopped warming it up completely. We just let it sit out for about 10-15 minutes. It's an 8 oz. bottle and if they don't finish it gets saved for the next day. We're hoping they'll wean themselves from the bottle, but if not, we'll try maybe next month or so.
Naps/sleeping- They now go to bed at about 8:30. After we changed them, feed them, and brush their teeth, we would rock them for about 10 minutes and put them down in their cribs. Sometimes they go straight to sleep and we don't hear anything. Sometimes we hear a little crying that doesn't last more than 2 minutes and they are out! I don't get them up from their cribs until 8 in the morning. There's usually someone up making noises at 7 or 7:30 but I wait til 8 that way whoever is still sleeping gets their rest. Naps are hit and miss everyday. I guess they're trying to tell me something, but nope I'm not hearing it yet! The morning nap is usually 11-1, sometimes they do an hour, sometimes it's the whole 2 hours. You just never know! I noticed if they do 2 hours in the morning, then they don't usually nap in the afternoon. I still put them down for the PM nap, atleast they get some quiet/alone time and not be stimulated. OK it's really for mommy. :-)
Physical development- They are mimicking everything we do and looking at us when we talk. It's like they want so badly to understand what we're saying and have a conversationwith us. Hudson says "daddy" a lot! One day, Tobin's been put his hand over his mouth and said "ahhh". Next thing you know, Hudson and Skyler is doing it. Dan and I were snapping our fingers and they tried to do it too- it's so funny watching them! The biggest thing is they like to throw toys outside of their play area and see what they do. I looked this up on one of the baby website and they call this the "cause & effect" stage. Since we have hardwood floors and our house is not that even, I think it slopes towards the front, every toy they throw rolls towards that way or underneath the dining table/china cabinets. They love to throw toys down when we're changing their diapers...I think they like the loud noises it makes. Everyone is walking pretty much as their main mode of getting around. Lately Skyler is putting both her hands by her side and she looks like a chicken! LOL!!! There's lotta hair pulling, biting, and toy stealing going on too! Skyler has also been getting the same book "I love my Mommy because" every day and cuddle up to me so I can read it to her. They all have (8) teeth; Tobin and Skyler were cutting 2 and Hudson, poor guy cutting 4 at once.
Here's some pix of them eating blueberries! We usually do this on bath nights! :-)
Tobin
No comments:
Post a Comment