Sunday, May 9, 2010

in preparation for our move (WO 05.03)

We've been so busy, as if we're not already busy w/taking care of triplets, our RE, and Dan's work/travel. Since Dan received his offer to transfer to Saudi Arabia, we've been slowly working on purging each rooms of things we don't intend to take. I still have the kitchen, office, kids room and garage to tackle! ARG!!! The house over there is only 2,000 SF so that means a lot of our stuff will not be needed. Most of our families have taken dibs on furniture that we're not taking so that is one less thing to worry about. I did received a floorplan of the type of house we'll be getting, it's a two story townhome looking type. Never been a fan of two story, but it's the one w/most square footage and we really don't have any say in it atleast in the beginning.
Last Monday, we took them to get their passports made. Our appointment was at 10:30, loaded the kids up and picked Dan up from his work before heading there. Dan picked them up Tuesday afternoon and yup, we have 3 passports for 3 little people! Amazing! I never had a passport until I was in my late twentys and these guys have them before they're even two!
On Tuesday, I went to Dan's work for orientation. Dan stayed home to do breakfast w/the kids and waited for Alejandra to come. He said Hudson and Tobin were crying when he left. Alejandra did lunch w/them and I thought I was going to get home to put them down for nap, but I didn't get home til 12:45 and Alejandra was in the middle of putting them down when I walked in. After they went to sleep, I did peek in their room and looked at them. This is prolly the second time I have not seen them first thing in the morning and do breakfast w/them. The first was my last year bday present from Dan. I'm glad I went to orientation, it educated me more about the country and where we'll be moving to.
On top of this, since we received the offer, we started work on the hall bath remodel and kitchen floors. We're hoping these improvements will help w/the sale or rent of our home. That's just like us, never a dull moment!!! BTW the way, the tub surround looks fabulous!! Since this is their bathroom, the design I created has "3" tiles representing them, but the new owners won't know that. Can't wait til everything's in place, too bad we won't be able to enjoy it much! :(

No comments: