Sat, 10/23- Semira leaves w/Murphy family at lunch time, Clud starts w/us in the afternoon. We skipped gymnastic class since boys still had their coughs. We went Panda shopping at night, Chrissy babies sat for us since we ran out of everything and it was Clud's first day. When I say everything, I mean everything...milk, eggs, bread, veggies, fruits, all the good stuff the kids eat!
Cancelled all playdates for this week, wasn't pretty being home bound. But it was good to get things done around the house after the shipment. Had maintenance come over to locate sweet water line for the ice maker in our fridge (the one from H town). Took 5 days to finish this: first day about 6 guys came and went throughout day to try to find the line in the walls. Let's just say there were lots of banging and holes in the wall and dust everywhere in the kitchen. After several attempts, they located the line and another group of guy came in to hook it up. Then the sheetrock guy came and patched up all the holes. Came back again next day to finish the job. Came by Saturday to paint everything. Luckily kids were smart enough to steer clear of the workers. Just the constant clean up from them was a bit much just when my kitchen finally got all settled in and then the mayhem for the few days. Look at me, I'm already complaining at the littliest thing, such an Aramco wife I'm becoming! :-) BTW, the second fridge is perfect for drinks and entertaining. I make all the food for the playdates and leave it on platters so I'm not running around in the morning scrambling for things.
Tues, 10/26- my last printmaking class. I finished my etching of a Chinese temple and garden. I just thought it was a tranquil landscape scene. Printed it out in black and red ink, I like the red one best, the color reminds of me the cherry blossoms tree.
Wed, 10/27- went w/the gardener assigned to our street to pick out our plants, we get a total of 30 plants for the size of our yard. Not much selection, limited to pet & kid friendly plants. Plus all the ones I liked were for executive housing- go figure!
Thurs, 10/28 - First mommy day out to Nariya market w/Bee, it's a SAEA sponsored field trip. SAEA= Saudi Aramco Employees Association, they put together all these field trips and you're able to "tour" Saudi Arabia. Dan had kids duty all day long. He basically took care of them the whole day since I went to pick up Bee at 5:30 am, yes am for our 3 hr bus ride North to Nariya. It was a big task for him but he did a great job taking care of them, so much when I came back, they all wanted Daddy to put them to bed. It was also tough b/c they literally hung onto him all morning. With Clud in the house, it's a change, so with change, kids are more attached and different. Dan told me he didn't have any breakfast, kids ate all his breakfast, didn't get a chance to finish his coffee, couldn't go to the bathroom by himself, didn't have lunch til they napped, changed all dirty diapers (more than once)...blah blah blah...REALLY? I told him that's part of it and welcome to my day! I think he has A LOT more respect for me, not that he doesn't but now he can understand why all I want when the kids go to bed is a freakin good meal! After the kids nap, he took them to Tina's. And I joined them afterwards. Our bus's A/C was broken so we were supposed to go searching for camels, but it was too hot and we left early. 3 hr bus ride back w/o A/C was tough since we were exhausted from being out in the heat and couldn't nap. Everytime I fell asleep I woke up in sweat and that woke me up. Overall trip was fun and interesting, just not the bus ride!
Fri, 10/29- Halloween party at the Felembans. Tina and Kamal had their 1st annual Halloween party and I think they plan to start this tradition. It was very cool to get the kids all dressed up and they actually stayed in their costumes the whole time. Everyone had a wonderful time, got to chat w/some other families we have met: Leanne, Julie, and Carissa, and Chrissy.
What the kids have been up to:
they now sleep w/ blankets, if they choose too. It's mostly the boys who love to cuddle w/them and their lovies. Skyler is hit or miss on the "banky".
the are verbaling a lot of words. The other day Tobin was kinda singing the "ABC" song. They like to sing: Paddy Cake, Happy Birthday, Row Row your Boat, and pretty much any tune they hear they will "recite" it.
Hudson can count 1-6, but he skips 3. They all seem to skip the #3, very odd. Everything is 2, 4, 5, 6.
Skyler is saying a lot more words too, she likes to say "no" and shakes her head and body at the same time, even if she means 'yes'. Very dramatic! And her favorite word "Dadddddy", which she will often shout it out loud!
they like to strip down to their diapers and t- shirts a lot and lately sometimes it's just their diapers. ALL of them. I actually don't mind b/c their bodies are just too cute...little tanned bodies and I love their bellies!
Pictures of the week:
their latest trick, hiding and playing in these storage ottomans.
Tobin, Skyler and Hudson
they love their new playroom now that it's fully equipped w/their toys. We also bought a sturdier kitchen playset from an expat whose kids outgrew it. It's definitely triplet proof, atleast they can't knock it over and take it apart like the one we got them for their bday; however they can push and move it around.
They are groovin to some toddler tune here...I LOVE how they will just break down and dance when they hear music.
Dan and the kids at the Felembans. Ismi was so nice to share his toys.
Daddy and Hudson. Looks like a beer, but w/o the important ingredient.
Kamal w/Tobin & Ismi.
Tina and Elena, her favorite passtime...snoozing! :-)
Kids munching on pizza. Ismi, Hudson, Tobin, and Skyler
Nariya market w/Bee. I asked this woman if I could take her picture. She said "yes" and lowered her veil some more to totally cover her eyes.
camel saddle bags which people us as wall hanging. I did buy one, just a different color.
camel bones, they grind this up to make milk.
Bee. In the backgroud, more expats in their abaya. And our bus.
Nariya market, kinda like a flea market
one of the building we hung out in for our "picnic in the desert" lunch. Bee and I joked that instead of being outside under a tent like the ad had pictured, we were in an A/C building w/Western restrooms, which is a good thing as I don't see how the expats on the bus would have lasted out in the heat.
Skyler aka "wonder girl". didn't want to wear the boots, cape and arm band. was happy enough she kep the headband for long as she could.
1 comment:
Anna, that's a really beautiful picture of you with the sand background.
Post a Comment