Sorry I'm so behind on blogging, our shipment came in on the 18th and we've been busy unpacking...the downstairs feels so nice with all our stuff . Even have pictures up and everything. Working on upstairs now, our bedroom is done, what a great retreat! Kids two rooms and office are WIP (work in progress). Will post pictures later.
Sat, 10/09- Gymnastic class after their nap. At bedtime, Skyler didn't put her paci in her mouth and started saying "paci paci paci". We looked at her paci and she had chewed the tip off. I wondered where the tip went, hopefully she didn't swallow it night before. Dan and I looked at each other and knew this was the TIME to ditch the paci for good. I told her her paci broke and she started whinning. I gave it back to her and said she could have it if she wanted it. You could see she was analyzing this, whether to hang on to it or not even though it's not the same paci she's used to. She didn't want it, but cried for it...so I gave it to her and she didn't want. This went on for about 10 minutes. We just cuddled her, told her her paci's broke and that she could still hold on to it if she wanted to, but she didn't want it at all. So we laid her in her crib, patted her back and said our goodnights, and that was it! Left the room. I couldn't believe it! She went to bed w/no issues. FYI- I have a brand new one in the diaper bag, she doesn't need to know this, at least not until she's capable of reading this blog. :)
Next day for nap, I was worried how she would respond. Same thing, she asked about her paci, gave it to her and she didn't want the "broken" paci. She didn't even want to hold it in her hand. Nap time, again another 10 minutes of explaining the broken paci and she slept. Bedtime, same thing. This went on for the next day and night, by day 3 she wasn't asking for it anymore and we took it out the room. I couldn't believe how easy it was! I think the key was letting her "decide" when she didn't need it anymore. I'm so proud of you Skyler, such a big step towards being independent! That's my girl!
Sun, 10/10- I had a followup doctor's appointment that morning, but didn't go b/c the boys woke up with a low grade fever. It went away in the afternoon so Dan and I went to the Panda to shop while Semira watched the kids.
Mon, 10/11- Everyone had their flu shots. They checked their temperature and luckily the boys didn't have one even though I told the Dr they had it yesterday. To get everyone in on the same appointment day, Dan has to make an appointment for each kid (the dates and times are usually different for each one, don't ask me why), but our pedi said to just take everyone on the first appointment that you can get in and cancel the other ones. That's the way things work here.
Since I wasn't sure if they were sick or it, with the on/off again fever, we laid low this week and we didn't venture out for all our playdates.
I also found time to sqeeze in a hair appointment during their nap. I finally got a sassy bob since majority of the time it's up in a ponytail.
Tues, 10/12- Tina and Ismi for play, they didn't want to cancel and knew of the boys' fevers. Kinda relieved b/c I was feeling social.
Thurs, 10/14- Ikea w/the kids and Semira. We went shopping to get frames for my printmaking artwork (will get to photos soon).
The Dille family came over to visit, they have been in KSA for less than 2 weeks. Angie, Mike and their 2 boys also came from Houston.
Fri, 10/15- We paid a guy to lay down a brick walkway on the front lawn. It's so nice now b/c the driveway was so narrow and close to the lawn, everytime we loaded/unloaded kids, we felt like we were gonna sprain our ankles balancing between the grass and driveway. Well worth the Saudi Riyals!
Pictures of the week:
The kids LOVE LOVE LOVE our next door neighbor's cat, Simba. I think it's b/c he's orange like Dudley. They get really excited when they see him, I'm talking about shouting, screaming, everything noisy excited x 3!
Here they are checking him out after he went inside. Tobin (blue shoes), Hudson (brown shoes) and Skyler. BTW, they pick their own shoes now, sometimes it's the same pair, sometimes not. I don't really care as long as they're wearing something.
After gym class, the teacher ask them to lay down quietly before she'll hand out sticker. They know now and will raise their hand in the air and say "sticker", more like "ticker". They can't say the letter "s" very well.
Daddy and his boys. It was kinda nice when they were sick b/c they just wanted to hang out w/us and be in our laps. Not that I want my babes to be sick, just nice quiet quality time.
Brick walkway. It was a struggle getting the guy to understand how I wanted it to look. Had to go out there and drew it in the sand for him
w/a stick. I love it, hopefully our new plants will get installed today as I'm blogging this a few weeks later.
1 comment:
Wow! Go Skyler! Really, Go Anna and Dan!
What a bunch of cuties.
How was Halloween?
Can't wait to see you all.
Post a Comment