Thursday, November 18, 2010

Halloween---playdates---plants---Dan out of town---friends visits (10.30-11.05)

Sat, 10/30- Gymnastic class. I think the kids somewhat enjoy this class. Of course being 2 yr old, they just like to run around and laugh and that's exactly what this class lets them do. Like Dan says, they already do that in general so...this will prolly be our last time doing gymnastic here unless it's a different program...who knows maybe it'll be different once they're older?
Sun, 10/31- I hosted my 1st Sunday playdate. Sunday playdates are the ones I came up with for the kids who are not in daycare and mommies needing an outlet at the beginning of the week. Having a second fridge in the kitchen is soooo helpful for prepping for playdates. I just make all the food the night before and leave the platters there until the next day. That way I'm not rushing the day of, just same ole feeding the kids breakfast and doing diaper changes before people come. The kids really look forward to venturing out or having kids come over to play. Most of the time, they do hang out w/one another, but there are times when I see them interacting with other kids. Let's face it, they are each other's bff atleast for now.


Trick or treating w/the kiddos that night. We went w/o Clud, have been having some issues with her. She's just not very good w/the kids, I
know it's only been a week, but I know when things aren't working out.
I won't bore you with the details. The Felembans came over and we headed out to Marjan Circle, one of the busiest street for trick or treaters. It's so popular and safe b/c they close off the street so cars can't get through. We basically had to carry them most of the time, sometimes all three, sometimes only two. We didn't bring our stroller and when we finished this street we went back home to pick up our stroller so we can go to another street. We went to the street where Marty and Anne lives, can't think of the name. Of course now that we have the stroller, they didn't want to stay in it too long so not only did we have to carry kids, but push the damn thing too. They just like to hold onto their bags and get the treats. They still don't even know what candy is and I'd like to keep it that way. They lasted about 2 hours total, not bad for toddlers. We couldn't last any longer, our arms were killing us! When we came back, Clud had cooked them some pasta so they had that for dinner before heading off to bed. BOY were they tired!
Mon 11/1- (30) plants were dropped off and installed. We got puny plants, I think some are even dead now. I like the way the plants line the walkway in the front of the house, the backyard ones are not doing too well.
Dan 1st business trip, he went to visit KAUST (King Abdullah University of Science & Technology) in Jeddah. He comes back Wednesday night after kids bedtime. It was really not that bad being home w/the kids and having limited help from Clud. I made the mistake of saying "daddy" the first night and they were fixated on that so I quickly changed the subject and did not say "daddy" again until he came back. It was pretty much of sight, out of mind for them. In Houston when Dan travels, I get to order all sort of yummy comfort food like VN or Chinese food, but the Tandoori House restaurant on camp doesn't compare. All the Chinese food taste the same. One good thing is their nan bread (Indian bread) is to die for so I guess it evens out. When Dan came back, he told me I would have loved to be there, all of their furnishing is in my favorite period, Mid Century Mod.
Tues, 11/2- Met some mommies at the Carlton Lounge for coffee. Clud actually was able to watch the kids while I chatted w/the mommies. They even let her take them to the nearby playground. After their nap, we headed to Tina's.

Wed, 11/3- My 1st time hosting a Wed playdate. It just so happen that I had to host both days this week. Wednesday playdates are broken up by age group.


During the kids nap, I ventured out and went to these "craft houses". Around this time of year, people are selling Christmas items and stuff and it's usually by word of mouth since it's against Saudi law to practice any other religion but Islam. I was able to buy a Christmas table runner painted on silk (one day I will take this silk painting class), reindeer decorations, and a glass decoration for the yard. It's amazing to see all the Christmas stuff, I wondered how they were "smuggled" here.

Thurs, 11/4- We went to Leanne's house to celebrate Julie's bday. Of course, once again when we have something planned after their nap, they sleep the longest. We woke them up at 4:30 to head out.


After their bedtime, Chrissy came by and babies sat for us so we could grocery shop. She's been so helpful to us since Semira's not here.



Fri, 11/5- Kelly, Trevor and Jaylin came over for dinner. We enjoyed some yummy fajitas out on our new patio set. I think they were our first dinner guest after our shipment. We really enjoyed their company and the boys liked playing w/Jaylin.



Pictures of the week:


Hudson at gymnastic class


Skyler and Tobin in the big float and Clud carrying Hudson.






Trick or treating time w/Ismi.



Wondergirl and her Daddy. There were so much more to her costume, the armband, headband, cape, and boots, but this was all Wondergirl
would tolerate. What do you expect from a 2 yr old? Hudson couldn't stand his Batboy gear halfway, it was kinda hot for him.



Sunday playdate



Kelly's daughter, Jaylin and one of Angie's boys.




Hudson already had enough of his diaper and it wasn't even 11 yet.



they love this wall for picture taking: Skyler, Tobin & Hudson


cheapy sunglasses I bought them when I went out w/Bee that one day. I think it was the equivilent of the dollar store, 3 SR.



our plants in the backyard. dogs already killed one of the plumeria plant. see how patchy our grass is, it's taking FOREVER to grow in...doesn't help that dogs are constantly digging up the sand too!





our patio, everything in our old huge $ss yard cramped into this yard.





our stroller pretty much stays outside, there's just no room for it inside the garage.




playing w/Ismi. Tobin's in blue, Hudson's in red




Wednesday Playdate


Hudson loves these teddy bears and it's so sweet to hear him say "teddy bears"

Edith and Madeline, her second bun in oven is due any day now.


overall playroom w/Clud in background


Jaylin playing w/the boys




Coming home from Leanne's house, we saw Simba. Kids love him! Skyler's so cute when she sees him or any cat, she reaches out her hand and say "come here cat" in this really loud almost screaming voice. It was pitched dark when I took these pictures, thank goodness flash worked. Caught Tobin smiling at me!




boys waiting to see Simba. these are the moments that make my job as a mommy so worthwhile is seeing them sooooooo happy!






No comments: