This year, we celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve w/my family. Now that we're a bigger family, it's easier to just split the family on either days, that way we get to spend more time w/each family and not be so rushed. My mom, Matthew, Julie (lil), and Marie's family came over to our house.
Matthew ordered enough VN food to feed an entire village (we still have leftovers--I'm not complaining), Marie brought gingerbread cookies she and her kids made and I bought a boston creme pie. It's not traditional, but who cares as long as we have good food and family time.
The kids took one nap that day, they had started at the beginning of the week and family started coming by about 2:30. Everyone left when kids went to sleep, except my mom and Julie who stayed later to help me clean up. We were talking so much and my mom was getting tired so I asked Julie to spend the night so we could have some girl time. Julie and I stayed up til 1 chit chatting. It's been a long time since we got to hang out since she's been in college for the past 3 years. Kids got to munch on VN food; they had shrimp fried rice, egg/flour dish kinda like a pancake w/eggs, and stir fried beef w/brocalli.
We hope everyone had a Merry Christmas! We did!
Our tree w/everyone's presents under it. We remove the gate and the kids were fine w/it. The kids received A LOT of clothes and some toys.
No comments:
Post a Comment