Tuesday, December 22, 2009

parents have been getting out and about

I guess it must be the holidays because Dan and I have been able to get out more. Or is it the fact they're in bed by 7:30 and it's so much easier to get out to do things. Or is it because they are getting A LOT easier! Prolly a combination of all three! I really love their bedtime, that extra 30 minutes REALLY makes a huge difference!
Last Wednesday, after the kids went to sleep, I was able to go to La Madeliene for my first Stroller Fit mommy night out. All moms brought a $10 gift card to exchange. I was able to put on makeup and wore regular clothes, so good to feel like a woman again! Atleast every now and then is nice!
Then Friday, my mom came by during the evening to hang out with the kids. Julie also came by and played with the kids and babysat them so Dan and I could go have dinner w/one of our dear couple friends, Billy and Renee. The last time we had dinner w/them was before I was on bedrest. We went to The Red Balloon Cafe, a place they raved about and it definitely deserves it. The food was so yummy and tastes so fresh!
On Saturday, Julie came over again during the day and stayed w/them while they napped in the afternoon so Dan and I could take care of our RE. We haven't done any RE together in a long time, usually he just goes and does stuff while I'm home w/the kids, but this particular issue we had needed both of our attention (purple martians trashed the place)! Anyways, my niece who's on college break, also named Julie came by with her friend to play with babies as well. They were able to feed them lunch and looked after them til we came home for their second nap.
Thanks family for helping out!

No comments: