Wednesday, December 23, 2009

just hanging out and updates

Nothing special going on, just enjoying my 16 months old kids. Yes they turned 16 months yesterday. I can't believe how fast time is whizzing by! I want to enjoy EVERY minute of them even when they're cranky! I love being a mommy so much, I never thought I would feel this way! I LOVE them so much!!!
I can't believe I'm done w/all Christmas stuff, I've wrapped all the presents except for the ones I ordered online, I'm praying it gets here before Christmas. I'm trying to get home stuff caught up so I can tackle getting tax paperwork together when the new year rings in (lots of fun!). As for the kids handling the Christmas tree and presents, we've only had one casualty...Tobin tore one of the presents up, not too bad of a shape, but I had to patch it up, sorry Andrew. Most of the time, they just look at the lights and ornaments and go about playing. Sometimes they'll touch it, but not very often.
Just a few updates:
Tobin- he's been walking really fast, almost like he's running. I don't know if kids run at this stage, but he looks like he's running. He loves to climb on the sofa and hang over the arm part of it, I guess it's a different view looking downwards. He also likes to stomp his feet and walk in a circle while doing it. He'll go until he gets dizzy and kinda just stop, it's funny watching him. He likes to play "peek a boo" w/us behind the coffee table. He actually learned it from Skyler.
Hudson- loves to dance, he'll play the music table and will dance to the "ABC" song. It's so adorable! He also likes to stomp his feet, but he'll do it while he's dancing. He's getting really good w/the blocks, he can stack to about a foot high. Sometimes he bites, but not as much as Skyler. Poor Hudson, he's so trusting of Skyler, he always let her grab his hand and she bites him...hopefully he'll learn one day.
Skyler- such the biter! She's been biting her brothers A LOT when they have a toy she wants. Sometimes she bites her hand or the toy too when she gets frustrated. She knows that she's doing wrong too b/c when I tell her to stop, she'll get down in the fetal position and kinda lays there. Skyler loves playing "peek a boo" behind the coffee table.
Some more updates that they all do or changes we're going through:
They all love to climb on the stroller. Skyler can actually climb to all the different seat levels and will stand on it too. She's fearless! They all know "switch hands" when it comes to changing/putting on their clothes. Dan also taught them where their noses are and they love to point it out when asked...sometimes they point their finger inside the nose, but oh well! The boys have been really territorial over me when I'm rocking them for their naps. Or even when both of them are crying, they don't want to be held at the same time. That's why I've stopped rocking them for their naps and they are getting HEAVY! I still rock them at bedtime though, only b/c I know one day I won't be able to do it anymore. I see that day coming soon. :-( They are a lot more interested in books now too, actually bringing me books to read to them. We've reduced their evening bottles to 4 oz. We're gonna try not giving it to them and see if they'll miss it. I really want to start the New Year w/the bottles being done. I also started reading them bedtime stories, right now it's the "going to bed" book.
Another thing we're doing is letting them have free roam of the living/dining room spaces in the afternoon. We will baby proof it (put doggies bowls away, etc.) and keep the play area gate open so they can go in and get whatever toys they want. Since Monday they've been napping really well in the day (from 12-2 or 2:30) so I've been skipping their PM nap and they have adjusted well so far. I don't mind going to one nap if they're ready for it. By ready I mean if they're not cranky tired at about 4-5ish when their old nap was. I really enjoy this one nap too, I feel like there's so much free time. Let's cross our fingers this is their new schedule!
One thing I love to do at night is stand in their room and smell it. It's wierd, but they have a CD we've been playing since they were newborns. I repeat the music during their naps and bedtime. When we go to sleep at night, I go in their room to turn the music off and just stand there for a bit...to smell it. It's the most loveliest smell, sweet babies smell. UMMM!
Tobin petting Molly. So gentle...
Skyler in the firetruck tent. My sis, Marie gave us a bunch of these tents her kids outgrew.
Tobin wanting the camera.


Skyler, she was not her happy self yesterday afternoon. She just wanted to be held. Alejandra held her while the boys played.


Hudson- what can I say? I LOVE this picture! He's smiling a lot now, just really hard to catch him when I'm taking pictures.
Another shot of Hudson, I LOVE his smile and those curls!



1 comment:

GrandmaG said...

They're so beautiful, it just makes me want to cry...What a year.

You're an amazing Mom, Anna. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

Love you all.