Wednesday, March 10, 2010

1st Dim Sum outing (03.07)

Well I guess this past week the kids did a lot of "first", add a Dim Sum lunch to their venture. As the weather is getting warmer and RSV season coming to an end (4/1), I've been a little bit "calmer" in bringing them in public places. Marie, my sis had this Sunday off, very rare since she's a nurse and is usually scheduled to work. We took that opportunity to do a family lunch, Dim Sum style. For some not familiar w/Dim Sum, in a Chinese restaurant, it's where little plates of food are pushed around on these carts and you pick what you want from it, kinda like a tapas bar in Spanish restaurants. These plates are meant to be shared. We went to Kim Son restaurant in Alief (you know the area where street signs also have Asian names).
Dan and I debated about whether or not to bring the kids in the triple stroller or just carry/walk them in, but good thing we brought the stroller. It's so much easier that way even though we got A LOT of attention. It's all good attention, I think people are just more curious and amazed to see triplets, especially Asian triplets. But we are in Asian territory and I have to say, they are the most blunt and nosiest type of people especially the old school folks, but then again I think most older folks are like that (different generation). We had one lady come sit next to me at our table to ask me questions. I don't even remember the questions, I was just appaled that she did. I've learned to ignore a lot of things when I'm out in public. Like the triplet mommies night out last time, we talk about how moms are different than dad when venturing out w/the kids...the dads are more open to answering questions and stuff from people while moms are more standoffish (prolly b/c they usually always get the personal questions)!
Anyways, back to lunch...kids got to finally meet my other bro, Brian. I don't think I've seen him since our wedding, maybe once or twice but I can't recall (mommy brain). My mom and Marie's family came as well. Kids did really well in their high chairs, I couldn't believe they lasted an hour in it, but it was getting close towards the end, they were getting all antsy. Anne and Andrew did a great job by entertaining them.


Andrew w/Tobin
Andrew w/Skyler, Tobin watching.
Marie and Andrew


Marie's family minus Anne, I think she was hanging out w/Hudson.


Brian gave all the kids the lucky red enevelopes, good luck money for the New Years (I think it's a VN/Chinese tradition).


Hum wonder what Skyler's licking off her spoon.



Hudson getting his lucky money.

Anne and Skyler



Anne and Hudson


After lunch, we took them downstairs to let them roam around the lobby.
Hudson- so serious looking.

Daddy and Tobin. This is their lastest fun thing to do is walk w/us while we're holding their hands up, they all love this!


Mom and Brian w/the kids: Tobin, Hudson and Skyler


Anne and Tobin

A group picture: Dan holding Skyler, I'm holding Hudson, my mom holding Tobin.


Mom and Skyler


Daddy and Skyler




Brian and Andrew

Everyone roaming! After the roaming we drove them around for their nap...long weekend!


No comments: