This morning after SF class, a few of the moms asked me to go to James Coney Island for lunch w/them. They did it last week, but I was too chicken to do it...so this week I though why not? What's the worst that could happen, everyone stopping to ask me questions and be in the kids faces, all three kids crying and not wanting to eat?
After our workout at Bendwood Park, the moms usually let their kids out and play on the playground. I, of course, never done that b/c it's 3 vs. 1, and the playground is not gated and there's a street right next to it. A lot of the moms said they'd help you out, but it's still ultimately my responsibility if something happens to them. Besides, they are busy watching their kids. So I told the instructor, April that I would take the kids for a walk about 15 minutes until they were ready to head to JCI. After about 10 minutes of walking April comes to me and said they were ordering food and we were gonna eat at the park. Well, I knew these guys had been in the stroller for so long now, I was waiting for a meltdown any minute...so I bit the bullet and took them out to the playground. Of course the boys were going EVERYWHERE! Skyler is pretty good about being close to me and following me if I tell her to or even pick her up. The boys, not the case, they love to just run and go exploring! I tried to keep them near me and off of the danger spots. Then I saw the swings...that saved me! I put all three in them and had a little relief from chasing after them, of course, until Hudson wanted down. So I'd let him explore and kept an eye on him. April was watching the other two moms kids who went to JCI to pick up our food, along w/her 3 kids, so she put them in the swings as well. Then Hudson ran off and she ran after him and carried him. I was pushing all 4 swings at this point and Hudson was fine w/her holding him.
Then the food arrived! YEA!!! We enjoyed our hot dogs outside on the park benches, actually I put the kids back in the stroller (easier that way). That was our first 3 kids meals. Not too bad, I think I'll do this again.
Came home and kids played for a bit before their nap. Then I had to wake them up to go pick up Dan from work. He dropped off his car this morning, replaced the alternator. Kids were sleeping so good but it was a little bit after 3 and they were still asleep, so I turned off their music and sure enough Hudson woke up screaming! Got them changed and made it to his work by 4, but a lot of people had already left. We did get to go visit the President and wished him a Happy Birthday and the few people who were still there.
No comments:
Post a Comment