When the kids were less than a year old, I couldn't imagine what it would be like to do anything for myself...now it's all different. I remembered I never even took a shower during the day even when they were napping, the only time I was able to shower was when Dan was home. It wasn't until they turned one that I was comfortable doing this. This past month, I have been able to go out and do so many things (for fun)!
I've joined another mommy group, it's moms from Spring Branch, the area I live in and a lot of the moms are a part of SF. They have a lot of activities for kids, but I'm a little cautious, I'll wait until RSV season is over before doing the crowded playdates. I've gone to a couple meetings san kids.
We were able to go celebrate my girlfriend, Jill's bday at the The Grove. It was a total of 4 couples including us. Very nice dinner out! Anything that involves good food, drinks and convo, I'm there! Thanks Julie for watching the kids!
I'm also doing a monthly lunch w/Marie, my sis. We started in January and now my mom has joined us too. We love VN food and the last two time it's been Kim Son. This Thursday, we're gonna try a different spot, it's a Hot Pot place. As I get older, all I crave is VN food, whereas growing up, I craved American food...strange how you revert to your roots.
I also went out to Mo Mong restaurant w/one of my high school friend, Christina R. We connected through FB and are trying to do a monthly outing also w/some girls from the hood (Alief hood).
I went to a SCT meeting, which they are changing to a monthly meeting instead of quarterly meeting. We met at Cafe Express in Meyerland, it was supposed to be 7 moms including me, but only two other moms showed up, Marie and Lynne. The cold weather might have changed people minds. We had a great time chatting about our life raising triplets over some vino! So good to have people you can relate to.
Then last week I went to Fuddrucker's w/one of my friend Alyssa, who's expecting her second child in June. Great catching up w/old friends.
So nice to finally be able to do "normal" things again. I'm loving life as a mom, wife, daughter, sister, and girlfriend. I'm so blessed! Never thought I could be this high on life!
No comments:
Post a Comment