Dan's aunt, Carol came to town on Sunday and stayed w/me while Dan went to New Orleans. Dan left early Sunday morning. Carol was such a big help to me and the kids, she's also really gentle and sweet w/them. Not only did she help me with the kids, she helped w/some of the daily cleanups I do and made meals for me. She made sure I ate my meals now that I'm diabetic (my gestational diabetes didn't go away).
The first night was great, the kids warmed up to her and they even let her changed them and help get ready for bed. But the next night and subsequent nights, they all kinda figured out that someone was missing, "Daddy", so bedtime was really rough. They didn't want anyone changing them and getting ready for bed, except for me...so there were lots of crying...I even had to rock all three kids AT THE SAME TIME on a few nights. I was all hot and sweaty afterwards, the kids too! Just wasn't too pretty! I normally just rock the boys for 10 minutes, not to sleep, it's more of cuddle time w/them while Skyler takes her paci and lovies for comfort.
Thanks Carol for taking time from your busy schedule to come visit us! We really appreciated it and miss ya already!
No comments:
Post a Comment