Sunday, April 25, 2010

we tried but didn't succeed... (04.18)

Since Matthew was back in town, Patrick wanted to take us out to eat. Last Sunday, after the kids woke up from their nap, we loaded them up to go eat VN/Chinese food at Tan Tan Restaurant. BTW, it seems when there's something planned for after the kids nap, they seem to sleep forever...go figure! Anyhow, we went there hoping to sit down and eat like they did awhile back when we went to Kim Son restaurant. Not the case here, we lasted less than 30 minutes, I think.
Patrick was there first and we waited for my mom and Matthew to come. I went ahead and ordered some food for the kids. They had the wide flat rice noodles w/beef and Chinese brocalli and egg/pancake dish. Skyler and Tobin ate a little. Hudson's been teething really bad so he didn't eat anything. We found out later he was cutting 3 molars, poor guy! This week is Tobin's turn, he's been refusing food and eating very little, not like him at all! Anyways, since Hudson wasn't eating, he didn't want to sit in his chair, so Dan carried him around the restaurant, but that didn't work too well b/c he wanted to get down and walk. And when you have three, it's monkey see, monkey do...they all wanted to get out of their chair and walk. When I saw that coming, I knew it was time to leave. In between all of this, Dan and I are trying to scarf down the kids leftovers since we hadn't eaten since breakfast.
We headed to a VN sandwich shop and picked up some sandwiches for Dan and I. During this time, we got a call from a prospect who wanted to see one of our rent homes. We took the kids for a drive to one of our RE houses. Since Hudson didn't eat anything, I think he was hungry on the way there and pretty much cried the whole time, prolly that and a combination of the teething. Dan tried to comfort him by caressing his head the whole time, sometimes it worked. We had never taken the kids to any of our RE houses before so wasn't sure how that was gonna work out. Skyler and Tobin loved it, they were running around the house, opening and closing all the doors. Skyler even crawled into the kitchen cabinets. Hudson was clingy and crying the whole time. Good thing we went out there, they are now our new tenants. We are fully occupied again!

No comments: