Wednesday, April 14, 2010

swimming at Marie's...not really (04.08)

Last Thursday, my mom and brother, Brian met me at my house and waited for the kids to wake up from their nap so we could take them to Marie's house to swim...or atleast that was the plan. Skyler and Hudson both ate their snacks in the car, but Tobin refused. The car ride there was OK, they were getting a little antsy towards the end and I was so glad we got there before a meltdown. I changed everyone in the swim suits and was ready to go in the jaccuzi part of the pool, but Brian said the water had not been warmed up enough so we waited another 30 minutes before letting them in. They contently played on the deck w/Andrew's toys. Patrick was already there, he had stayed over at Marie's house the night before to visit w/her kids.
Time to get in the pool and everyone didn't want to get in their floats, they all wanted me to hold them. Hudson was the only one in the float as I was carrying Tobin and Skyler. And we had to keep Hudson's float close to me as well. It was very strange, they were in this pool before, granted it was last year, I thought they would be fine w/it, but they weren't. We lasted for about 10 minutes b/c they just didn't seem like they were having any fun. Marie was able to help me w/getting the kids dried off and dressed. We once again hung out on the deck and had to block the entrance leading out to the pool since they don't have a gate around their pool. Both Anne and Andrew are pretty good swimmers.
Then came dinner time...Patrick and Marie had picked up crawfish, roasted duck and rice. Marie made a yummy shrimp dish. Kids didn't want to eat ANYTHING! And just last week they couldn't get enough of the shrimp when we had the bbq. I mean no one wanted any food, another strange thing! I waited around and kept asking them if they wanted to eat and offered them the food, but nothing. I finally called Dan and said we were heading home and for him to get dinner ready there. (Dan was working that day, that's why he didn't join us). I was speeding like a demon to get home b/c by the time I loaded all the gear and kids in the car, it was already 6:30 so I knew I would have hungry crank meisters any minute now.
I called him as I exited the freeway and daddy saved the evening by having everything ready for us. Feed and put everyone to bed a little late than usual, but atleast no serious meltdowns. Not sure if I'll be up for an outing like this (w/o Daddy) anytime soon. Sorry there are no pictures, as my arms were busy holding kids.

No comments: