Thursday, April 1, 2010

BRU trip and some updates

I took the kids to BRU/TRU today, well I originally wanted to take them to Family Dollar so I could get their Easter baskets, but that didn't work out. I stopped by the store and went inside to find a shopping cart and there were none and I didn't see anyone at the register so I said "hello" and a clerk comes out. I asked her if there were any carts and she said they were all being used. How odd, but anyways, I had to take them somewhere, couldn't exactly bring them home w/o going anywhere...so we went to BRU/TRU.



I couldn't believe their shopping cart only fit one kid...so I had Hudson strapped in and put Skyler and Tobin loose in the cart. You figure for a kids driven stores that they would atleast have the ones where two kids can be secured. Oh well! That didn't leave me any room for stuff, I only managed to load one diaper box on the bottom. Usually I'd buy 2-3 boxes of diapers on a trip, but not this time. We walked around the toy sections and I could tell they recognized some of their toys from home. They kept making noises everytime they saw something we had at home. I was so tempted to buy them more toys, but they have so much already and I didn't want to buy just to buy. So we left the store w/just the box of diaper.


Updates:


Tobin's been seriously teething or something, he's been extremely clingy. There's atleast 2-3 meals of the 4 he eats that I have to hold him. He just doesn't want to sit in his chair and his appetite is down too. Hudson's the same too, but not as bad, just on the not sitting in his chair part. One day I had to hold both boys and try to feed everyone...it was not an ideal meal time at all! And they all at some point refused to wear their bibs, it just happens whenever. That's one battle I've given up on. As long as they're eating, I guess that's what's important. The cutest thing about meal times is they love to feed each other food.
Everyone has so many teeth now that I've lost count. Skyler's mouth is full of teeth. I need to just pin them down one day and take a count of what's all in their mouths.


Skyler, has been having serious tantrums. She will throw one when:


A) she steals her brothers toys and I take it back to them


B) whenever she feels like it (we are in BIG TROUBLE, if this is the beginning of terrible 2's) :-)



They've been saying a lot more words, just random ones, no sentences or anything concrete. I know they can understand us b/c they do what we ask them to do. Their latest favorite word is "ball".

We've also transitioned them out of the sleep sacks for their naps and bedtime. Everytime I'd go in the morning or after their nap, someone usually has wiggled his/her way out of it. I think since they were getting bigger and more active, the sacks were constricting, so we switched them to pj, just the bottoms only. They look so adorable in them! I was given a bunch of girls clothes for Skyler from another triplet mom and there are lots of pjs. The boys only have one each and we're gonna just use the girls one for them...no one will know, atleast they won't until they're adults when they decide to read this blog. :-)

They also all know how to buckle themselves into their stroller and feeding chairs w/the seatbelts. Skyler started playing around w/this a few months ago, but could never really do it. Then a couple of weeks ago Hudson was the first to do it, then Tobin, then Skyler. Now they fixate on this during meals.

Another thing I love that they're starting to do is love on each other. They like to share food and toys (rare on Skyler's part, but it does happen). They love to hug on each other right before bedtime. As long as they love each other and have each other's back when they're adults, that's all a mom could ask for.



No comments: